Posts Tagged ‘Organic Search’

Awesome: Aware Monitoring 2nd on Google search

December 4, 2009

I’m pleased as punch – our startup Aware Monitoring ranks 2nd place on an organic Google ‘website monitoring’ UK search. That’s Awesome news!! Not sure how we did that but we have ūüôā

Only one place to go ūüôā Interestingly non of the sponsored result companies provide pricing on their website – they’re all a call us service and speak to the sales guy.


Aware Monitoring: We’re in good company with ‘web infrastructure monitoring’

May 8, 2009

Just picked up on in-bound searches for ‘web infrastructure monitoring‘ hitting our Aware Monitoring launch page. This is what I found when I entered this search term. Can’t believe we’re 3rd!

Aware web infrastruture monitoring screen shot

Our tiny little bootstrapping startup, which is even without a product, is nestled between two IBM responses.¬† IBM must be worried ūüėČ Of course, we are not in the same league or market. Still it shows the power of Search. Thanks Google for the vote ūüôā

Organic Google search highly trusted with blogging influencing results

December 16, 2008

In a recent report Forrester Research are advocating an end to corporate blogging. This has resulted in a debate with  of . I agree with Richard that  readers develop trust with individual bloggers over time.  Bill Ives discusses can you trust a blogger in detail. However I also agree with Forrester that corporate blogs are struggling to gain traction. What really caught my eye on the Forrester chart (below) was that search is such a highly trusted information source at 50% and personal/corporate blogs so low at 18/16% respectively.


The question is then is it worth all the effort to produce blogs with such a low trust rate? Well, blogs and search ranking are highly related. In Google ranking research by Marketing Sherpa and published by Hubspot 75% of search readers click on the organic results and the remaining 25% on the sponsored links. Note that Google has a 70% dominance in search. This Google results page shows an eye-tracking heat map that shows where on the page people look and click on the page of search results.

Google’s golden triangle of organic search

One of the best ways to rank highly on organic search is to actively blog and engage with others.¬†I disagree with Forrester’s conclusion. Corporate and¬†personal blogging with a¬†genuine human approach¬†that brings value to the reader can indirectly result in¬†trust¬†¬†by increasing organic search ranking.¬†

However it is a major challenge to be in Google’s golden triangle top three position on a popular¬†Google search term. But also¬†consider that most people only read social media with just¬†1%¬†writing¬†as discussed by Janet Lee Johnson. So if you don’t¬†put in the effort¬†to¬†climb the search ranking engine you’ll never get there.