How awesome it that – we won the Nottingham Post New Business of the Year 2010!! It was an absolutely fantastic evening. Not just because we won our category, but because so much effort was channeled into the event. It was an incredible atmosphere.
We were greeted with a champagne reception at the wonderful historic council house in Nottingham and then enjoyed a marvelous meal. All the finalists had short video’s shown on their companies before the winners were announced. The winners and finalists were:
- Bunches Florapost scooped Nottinghamshire Company of the Year with runners-up Icon Polymer, Source BioScience and St Tropez Group.
- Nottinghamshire Small Business of the Year went to our friends Chris Scarth and David Francis from Prime Principle. Finalists were Betterlanguages.com and Phoenix CNC Engineering.
- James Smith founding managing director of T&S Group won Nottinghamshire Young Businessperson of the Year award with runners-up Hall-Fast Industrial Supplies founder Malcolm Hall and Columbus IT managing director Mary Hunter.
- We won New Enterprise of the Year with runners-up A Star Media and Cherry Professional.
- The Business Innovation Award went to Upper Cut Productions with Challenge Consulting and Peelable Posters following through.
- Finally, John Pye & Sons won the Best use of IT and Communications beating Betterlanguages.com and Heart Internet.
Well done to the winners and finalist for all the blood, sweat and tears put into their companies. For me the event shows the outstanding innovative companies we have in the area. It was especially great to see so many web and IT related companies in the finals. It ‘s also interesting that companies like Bunches Florapost are maximizing the Internet with 70% of their revenues coming through the web.
In the end, my evening went onto the wee hours in the morning celebrating!!